Friday 20 January 2017

Mini me

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have always loved Minis. My first car was a red Mini and that started my love affair with the gorgeous little cars. So I was very excited to go to their birth place today and see how they are made. The factory is based in Oxford and produces around a thousand cars a day! Also, each one is individual, being made to the specific choices of each of its owners. A lot of the work is now done by robots but the assembly hall, at the end of the production line was mostly humans, who were putting the final touches to the little beauties before they were being driven off the production line and on to their new homes.


We weren't allowed to take photos inside the factory, but we did get to look around the museum before the tour. I loved the Monte Carlo rally Mini and it reminded me of my first car. I have so many happy memories of it, during my time at school, college and beyond.


The Mini above was a new version but it had been covered in some sort of fur!


There was also a shop where I was very tempted to purchase some items. Not sure I could justify buying a bright yellow pvc gym bag. But I did love the little black and white padded clutch...


Please note that I will now be on vacation until 29th January. My shop will be closed during that time, but will be back in working order on 29th Jan. See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts