Tuesday 18 April 2017

Sari necklace

I've been playing with some more jewellery ideas and the latest is this necklace set made from fabric-covered beads. I decided to use indian sari fabrics that I bought from Bazaar, owned by my good friend Joanna Hall. She holds amazing sales several times a year in a stunning barn in Kent, which is transformed into a haven of goodies from India. Check out her website for upcoming events.
The saris come in vibrant colours and the fabric is nice and lightweight which means that I can easily tie knots to hold the beads in place.


The set includes two necklaces in complimentary colours, and for this set I chose a stunning purple and green combination.


I created them at different lengths so that they hang well together as a set or can be worn separately.


Each bead is made of a lightweight wood and is held in place with a knot.
You can find it in my store here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts