Wednesday 28 June 2017

Green and black

 I've just added this green and black beauty to my store. It's a handbag made from a vintage decorative Japanese kimono fabric and you can find it in my store here.


The design has been created using the Japanese kasuri technique, where the fabric has been woven using threads that have been dyed with the design before the fabric is woven. This creates the blurred effect of the design, which I love.



The lining is also made from a green kasuri fabric, taken from an outer kimono.


The handbag can be held in the hand or worn over the arm and comes with a detachable chain handle which means it could also be used as a clutch bag.


This bag beautifully matches my summery green trousers, but it also looks just as good with a little black dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts