Sunday 15 October 2017

Autumn delights

I love this time of year. The leaves are changing colour and the weather is beginning to turn a little colder. To celebrate this I decided to add some autumn-inspired items to my store which include sweet apple designs and bright leaves in lovely fall colours. The leaf fabric is a cotton furoshiki that I bought in Japan. Furoshiki is a traditional fabric used for wrapping presents and they come in many interesting varieties. When I first moved to Japan I was intrigued by the choice of colours and patterns on offer and bought many of them for my fabric stash.


With the apple fabric I made a coin purse and card case combo. The red and white polka dot fabric was the perfect lining for both items.


The leaf fabric is a bold orange and beige colour and I decided to make a fab little tissue holder and glasses case. The perfect lining for these items was a brown and beige leaf fabric from Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts